Thursday, January 24, 2013

Breville Juice Fountain Review

We tried the juicer last night and I am in love! I'm new to juicing so I don't have anything to compare this to, but I'm really glad I chose this particular model for a couple reasons. First, all of the parts that need to be cleaned are contained in one, easy to remove section. You simply slide off the safety lock and lift up on the plastic portion. I rinsed off the lid, dumped out the pulp from the collection bin and gave that a quick rinse, and then scrubbed the screen/blade clean with the included tool. The whole cleanup took less than 5 minutes and wasn't bad at all. Plus, it's dishwasher safe which will be nice when I have one again.

The second thing I like about this machine is that it does WORK! You can put an entire fruit in, which is great because I'm too lazy to chop things up. Last night I tried a recipe for green lemonade that consisted of 1 apple, 1 lemon, 5 stalks of celery, and 2 handfuls of spinach. Nick and I both agreed that it was waaaaaaaay too tart so this morning I did the same thing, but used a little bit of lemon juice instead of an entire lemon. It's delicious and I'm excited to try more recipes.

I ordered my Breville Juice Fountain Compact from Amazon for $99 and I think it was well worth that price. I'm going to stock up on fruits and veggies this weekend and will be starting the 30 Days of Juicing challenge that a friend shared with me: http://blog.williams-sonoma.com/30-days-of-juicing-2/

Stay tuned for reviews of juice recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment