Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First 2013 Workout

The evening began with a delicious dinner and ended with my version of hell. Earlier in the day I discovered a recipe for brussel sprout pasta using won ton wrappers so of course I had to share the link with my fun-employed boyfriend turned personal chef, Nick. In true Nick fashion, he then took ingredients we already had and made his delicious rendition using zucchini instead of brussel sprouts. Amazing!

The original brussel sprouts recipe: http://bevcooks.com/2012/01/roasted-brussels-sprouts-ravioli/
Nick's version with zucchini, onions, bacon bits, mushrooms, and vodka sauce 
Then I decided to try a 15 minute workout I found on Pinterest. You do 5 minutes of cardio moves followed by 4 minutes of other moves and so on. The whole thing ends with a one minute plank. I slowly huffed and puffed my way through before ending with a 30 second plank and a warning that I might throw up Nick's culinary genius. So far, I've managed to keep my food down but I'm still feeling shaky 30 minutes, a hot shower, and a lot of water later. Moral of the story: I am WAY out of shape, but that workout designed will definitely keep me motivated to eat healthy because if I don't, I've found the perfect punishment.




No comments:

Post a Comment